Friday, June 02, 2006

Stars

It hasn't been very long now since we decided to move. Maybe that's why I still can't believe it. We're moving far away to an exotic land miles from civilization. Well, if civilization is measured by a Target, anyway. We're moving back home. Back to my home, more specifically, the flatland of the coastal plains, the former bustling railroad town turned ghost town of my hometown, the cramped but cozy smallness of the 900 sq ft house I grew up in. Back home.

There's so many things the small town I grew up in does not have-

-a Target
-a restaurant
-a grocery store
-a gas station
-a stoplight

but here are some things that it does have-

-family
-trees
-peace
-quiet
-stars. Lots and lots of stars. You can see them in the middle of town, because it's still very dark. There are so many stars. I had forgotten. I have a feeling there's a lot of wonderful things there just waiting for me to rediscover them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home